Friday, November 21, 2008

5k

Today was the 5k...yippee. I used to be a cross country runner, but these days, I just want to hang out in the gym. I think the only time I actually enjoy running at this point is out in the hills and trees where the course isn't repetitive, or better there is no course. I hate running in an urban setting with buildings and cars everywhere, but it is what it is...so I will stop my complaining!

My overall time was 00:23:49

Gradually getting slower and having to work that much harder just to stay under 24 minutes.
What I need to do is to make a point to run at least once or twice a week, and by run I mean distance running, 5k or greater. After all, you do not get good at muscles ups by thinking about them, you have to practice. The same goes for anything. Speaking of which, I still haven't been able to do one just yet...any feedback.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey lil fembot!
the evil twin and i have been under the weather last few days. okay. i was under the weather. the evil twin was over stressed and under paid from work. we missed everyone.

we plan on being at noon cf with iron-woman cheryl tomorrow.

Outstanding job on your 5k! you on the top of the board for women?!!! Yeah Baby!

Anonymous said...

Hey Fembot-Daughter!

Missed your radiant smile! I caught some nasty flu bug and didn't want to spread it, so I've been a lazy-butt last 4 days. My first decent meal was today, the only thing I could stomach for the past few days.

See you at noon, my fem-daughter. I need to get past this bug. Ok, even a 5k run would help at this point.

Paws healed? I'm sure Chris had something to do with that.....