Monday, August 4, 2008

Finally

Everyone has been avoiding it, but I finally did it, the 15k has been conquered! As if that wasn't enough I decided to make it into a painful 18k, dumb me!!! Let me tell you I have not felt this rickity in a long time. My knees don't want to bend, my ankles are in pain, but hey, it was fun!

My 15k time was 01:24:47
My 18k time was 01:48:59

It was funny, just before I hit the 15k mark I was thinking that I must have been running for at least two hours, when I got to the line and checked the time I was excited to see that I was only a few minutes behind Joe D. Badass!!! After about a moments pause I began to continue running and let me tell you, this fembot did not want to function any more. I got to test my heart over my aching body. Each step was extremely labored. I kept asking myself why I was still running, after all I had accomplished my goal. However, as always my other self always responds with the, why not? So of course I finished the full 18k with that single stop at the 15k line.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Job!!! I hate running

Anonymous said...

Hey little Fembot,

Make sure chris winds u up before a long k race! You'll be like the energizer bunny with pink fur and a cannon bra runnnig past all of 'em...

Mary

yeah, yea.. i still cannot get google to like me as a blogger...

Anonymous said...

lil' fembot!
the evil twin called it right....pink energizer bunny with pink fur and cannon bra....automatic reloads!

wow. there's no way in heck i can run that! make sure lil chris preforms routine....ah...hem...maintenance on your lil fembot tired parts!